Best Walleye Jigging Rod: Keep an eye out for the size and specifics of Jigging Rods before you buy. To make it easier, we have hands-on tested some of the top Walleye fishing rods on the market to find you the Best Walleye Jigging Rods.
If you are in a hurry: Ugly Stik Tiger Elite is the Best Walleye Jigging Rod as per our reviews.
- Ugly Tech construction with added graphite for lighter...
- Ugly Tuff one piece stainless steel double-footed guides...
- Fighting length EVA handles with contoured fore-grips for a...
Last update on 2023-01-26 / Paid links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Now, let us move to our in-depth reviews.
Here is our list of the Best Jigging Rods for Walleye Fishing.
Best Walleye Jigging Rod
- Ugly Stik Tiger Elite Spinning Rod – Best Overall
- G. Loomis E6X Walleye Series – Best Premium / High-End
- Fenwicks Elite Tech Fishing Rod – Best for Beginners
- Lew’s Speed Stick – Best Walleye Rod for Vertical Jigging
- St Croix Premier – Best Versatile Walleye Spinning Rod
- KastKing Royale Legend Fishing Rods – Best for Tournaments
- Cadence CR5 Spinning Rod – Best Lightweight Rod for Walleye
- Ugly Stik GX2 Casting Rod – Best Budget Option
1. Ugly Stik Tiger Elite Spinning Rod
Ugly Stik has been a trusted manufacturer of Fishing Rods over the past many years. Its Tiger Elite range is an exclusive line of showstopping fishing rods.
Amongst them, the Tiger Elite Jig Spinning Rod is the top choice if you want to go for Walleye fishing.
Ugly Stik Tiger Elite Jig Spinning Fishing Rod is an eye-catching rod especially tailored for big fishes like Trout and Walleye. It covers the size and style of a 5’8″ rod.
This light-action heavy power rod is ideal for bottom fishing. Built out of tough, lightweight graphite it is easy to handle and maintain. At the same time, it is incredibly sensitive and versatile.
The EVA handles attached to this rod are proportional in length and size. They ensure a well-formed firm grip through padded stainless steel hoods.
- This Ugly Stik Rod is perfect for bottom fishing in deep waters and jigging Walleyes.
- There is a huge amount of power in this one rod. Yet it is lightweight and sensitive.
- It is definitely a rod that justifies the value of its price.
- Even if you overload the rod a bit, it’ll take the brunt without breaking.
- There have been some reports of variation in the quality of the rods from Ugly Stik.
This Rod gives a surety of value for money. It is an exceptional rod for those looking to fish on a planned budget.
The knockout factor for me is its strong grip and lightweight build. It is easy to hold and maintain this rod which is great for couch sloths like myself.
2. G. Loomis E6X Walleye Series
G. Loomis E6X is one of the top Walleye fishing rods on the market. Its size, power, and fast action are the most appropriate for jigging.
The build quality of this rod makes it dependable even on tough fishing trips. The basic material of construction for this rod is carbon fiber.
Along with that, there are fuji guides and a strong reel seat. The multi-taper technology and the quality of construction make this rod very reliable.
While sturdy, this fishing rod weighs hardly 17 pounds so you can use it the entire day without any pressure. The lightweight also makes it easier to use while battling any unyielding Walleye fish.
I used the rod with lures weighing between ⅜ to ½ ounces to catch large Walleye fish with ease.
The rod is portable, thanks to its size of seven feet. It is light and compact enough to carry.
- The comfortable 7 feet length makes this rod very easy to use.
- This light power and fast action let you catch the most challenging Walleye.
- The built quality is superbly sturdy and durable.
- Users report that they would have been more satisfied if there were more choices in the length of the rod.
G. Loomis E6X Walleye Series comes with enough bells and whistles for you to use while fishing. It is superiorly sensitive and offers excellent control over casting.
The light power is coupled with fast action to defeat the most powerful rulers in the waters. Overall performance is excellent and reliable.
3. Fenwicks Elite Tech Fishing Rod
Fenwicks came out with its Elite Tech Fishing Rod with a focus on Walleye fishing. This super-specific design made Walleye fishing easier for all kinds of anglers.
The size of Fenwicks Elite Tech Walleye Fishing Rod is a whooping 6’6″ which is ideal for Walleye fishing. The top feature, in my opinion, as well as the overwhelmingly by many anglers, is the ultra sensitivity of the rod.
How does it manage that? The tip section has two settings, aka, fast and super fast. It means that when you wield the rod you will be able to feel all the sensations and joys of capturing the Walleye.
Another incredible factor is that this rod is specifically designed for Walleye fishing. So anglers find it easier to catch walleye fish. The hidden handle design of the reel offers a smooth pull while the rod remains light and refined.
This rod also comes with Titanium frame guides for a sturdy construction. The solid grip is just one of the several reasons why this rod is great for catching Walleye.
- As it is focused on Walleyes, it is the Best Rod For Walleye Jigging.
- The build quality is pretty good and the rod in itself is well constructed.
- The key feature here is the extra sensitivity provided by the rod.
- The anglers can feel the push and pull that comes along-with fishing.
- This rod, despite its amazing features, comes at a very affordable price.
- There have been some reports of customers receiving broken rods.
- Some customers also complain about receiving rods without tip.
The rod’s sensitivity and its focus on Walleye fishing are what make it my favorite rod on the market. The construction of this rod is great and the rod sits somewhere near the top of the hierarchy of fishing rods.
I think it would be appropriate to mention that this rod will be a good choice for beginners.
4. Lew’s Speed Stick
Lew’s Speed Stick is one of the most easy-to-use jigging rods. So if you are looking for a jigging rod for beginners, you must take a look at this rod.
The superb construction quality of this rod makes it strong and sensitive at the same time. This lightweight rod is made out of sturdy materials that promise sturdiness in difficult conditions.
Unlike most other fishing rods, the special Winn Grip handle on this one makes it very durable. At the same time, this handle is very comfortable to hold.
You can use it along with smaller lightweight lures as well larger ones. I used lines weighing between eight and fourteen lbs and lures weighing between ⅛ and ½ ounces.
- The build quality of this rod is amazing and durable.
- The medium power rating is appropriate for landing most Walleye.
- The special WinnGrip handle is durable and comfortable to use.
- This rod may have been better if it came with a hook hanger.
Lew’s Speed Stick is an extremely versatile rod. It is a lightweight and sensitive rod suitable for lightweight lures as well as spinnerbaits. Moreover, this all-rounder is quite affordable.
5. St Croix Premier
St. Croix Premier is a top-rated versatile fishing rod that lives up to the St. Croix’s high standards. It is a fast-action rod paired with the medium power you expect from quality Walleye jigging rods.
Even though this rod is very lightweight, the build quality makes it strong enough to battle even the friskiest fish. This amazing strength is the result of the special S-curve blank construction.
The rod offers a large amount of lifting power even for the toughest fishing conditions. The molded rubber handles make the rod resistant to slippage and comfortable to use.
I felt that the casting was very smooth and accurate. The extreme sensitivity of this rod let me detect even the smallest bites. I used lures from ¼ to ¾ oz in size to catch Walleye.
- This is one of the most sensitive rods you will ever come across.
- The fast action coupled with the medium power lets you battle even the most challenging Walleye.
- The quality of the build is sturdy and dependable.
- The extra length may sometimes interfere with long-distance casts.
St Croix Premier is a lightweight and sensitive rod built to execute enormous power. The seven feet long rod is medium power and fast action. Overall, this rod is very comfortable to use.
6. KastKing Royale Legend Fishing Rods
KastKing has quite a reputation for building top-quality fishing equipment. It doesn’t disappoint with its Royale Legend Fishing Rods.
These rods are made out of lightweight graphite material. The available length ranges between 6’6″ and 7’3″. It makes the rods great for Jigging and Walleye fishing
This rod features Fuji fishing line guides which are the best as per fishing standards. The 24-ton carbon matrix in this rod helps in delivering a standout performance.
The Power Transition System and amazing casting distance of the rod make it an absolute winner.
- KastKing Royale promises quality and delivers it.
- The construction of this rod is pretty good.
- Graphite makes it a great lightweight rod.
- Durability is a major win for this rod.
- The grip is easy and comfortable for long use.
- If you’re just starting out then this might not be the ideal rod for you.
- Some anglers have reported that this rod is not as sensitive as other rods.
When you hear the word KastKing, you associate it with quality. And this rod is no different. It’s an ideal rod for anglers looking to expand their skill set.
While this rod may not feature anything extraordinary, it’s an excellent rod for the price. It is a durable and sturdy rod that will not drown your savings.
7. Cadence CR5 Spinning Rod
Cadence is one of the strongest competitors to well-established brands like KastKing and Ugly Stik. Cadence Spinning Rod gives its own spin to being an ideal Jigging rod for Walleye fishing.
It uses 30-ton carbon blanks which gives it a hefty look and build. Despite the sturdiness, the rod in itself is quite lightweight. This rod comes in a variety of lengths from 5’6″ to 7′. It also features two types of handles, a split, and a full grip.
SiC guides are the highlight of this rod. Another winning factor is the comfortable Fuji reel seat. So what makes it Ideal for Walleyes? It is amongst the best jigging rods for freshwater fishes like Bass and Walleye along with coastal fishes like snook and black drum.
- The rod is lightweight and does not have a complicated structure.
- The 30-Ton Carbon Fiber ensures a supreme quality rod.
- Standard materials are used for the construction of the rod.
- The glide and pull of the rod are smooth yet powerful.
- It is easy on the arms and comes at an affordable price.
- The Rod might start loosening up after some time.
- It might also twist in on itself while casting.
While Cadence Spinning Rod is great for lots of fish, the jigging factor makes it an ideal choice for catching Walleyes.
It is definitely one of the Best Walleye Jigging Rods for the money. But it requires some tender care and nurturing. Don’t toss it in storage along with thousand other things and you will be fine.
8. Ugly Stik GX2 Casting Rod
Ugly Stik has a proven record for manufacturing fishing gear. As it is amongst the top rod makers in the country, it would only be appropriate to start and end the list with Ugly Stik Rods.
There are lots of differences between the Tiger Elite range and the GX2 casting rod. But the major difference is that Ugly Stik’s GX2 Casting Rod has a very slim and sleek build. It is lightweight yet very strong in its structure and constructs.
While almost all the previous rods use graphite as their core material, the GX2 casting rod uses a combination of graphite and fiberglass. This makes the rod robust and durable. This combination also offers a great amount of sensitivity to anglers.
These rods come in the size range from 7′ to 7’6″. While it has a bigger handle as compared to other rods, the big plus of it is that it increases the casting distance significantly.
- Anglers across different stages of fishing experience can use and enjoy this rod.
- It is a time-tested and trustworthy rod.
- The construction quality of this rod is admirable.
- It offers a better reel seat than most of the other rods.
- This is one of the best jigging rods for walleye fishing.
- When you compare it to other rods, you will find that it is not as lightweight as others.
- These rods can break pretty quickly when they fall into the wrong hands.
Overall, this rod is perfect for beginners and mid-level anglers. Some pro-level anglers may not find this rod suitable to their needs. But even Pro-Level anglers may enjoy it if they like fishing under the specifications of this rod.
Again, this is an absolute favorite for me, ironically because of the bigger handle. It ensures a flexible and easy grip on the rod.
What kind of rod you should choose for walleye fishing?
Rods are the first priority whenever you decide to go fishing, aren’t they? Pair that with fishing for Walleye and you get the perfect recipe for a successful fishing trip.
Walleye Fishing can be challenging yet thrilling for anglers. Freshwater Walleyes are abundant and easy to catch if you know the right technique. The best thing? You do not have to be an expert, you just have to know yourself and your fishing rod.
While Walleyes are tricky fish, they respond to the right triggers and a quick-pull rod. So why should you choose Jigging Rods for walleye fishing? Simple reasons for that are that the short build and fast action of Jigging Rods go very well with Walleye fishing.
Also, Walleyes don’t take the bait in one quick go, they will rather take their sweet time nibbling on it. So the extreme sensitivity of Jigging rods is a crucial factor for beginners as well as experienced anglers.
Walleye fishing with Jigging Rods gives enough room for beginners as well as experienced anglers to play around and have a great time. These rods are competent even for serious fishermen to catch their ideal Walleye.
Fishing trips bring joy and laughter along with some quiet peace. But they can also be frustrating if the rod you select is not right or doesn’t suit your style. So it is important to select a rod that fits you.
Jigging Rods are fun to play around with and work great if you want to go Walleye fishing.
We hope you like our pick of the Best Walleye Jigging Rods. Read through our in-depth reviews and select a rod that you think might be ideal for you.
If you have any follow-up questions, then please feel free to contact us. If you would like to suggest any other jigging rod for walleye fishing, then let us know, and we will try to include it in our next update.
Last Updated on December 13, 2022 by Jacob Wheeler.